Finally climbing out of my post-vacation hole of self-imposed shit-to-do. And I've hit the ground running on my social life.
In my effort to be distractedly single-- if not happily single-- I have plans five out of six evenings this week. On Thursday there are three different things going on, but I can only do one of them. Why does everything interesting always get scheduled for Thursdays? The Co-Op is sponsoring a movie and I thought maybe Co-Op Girl would be there. Maybe I could run into her or at least get more involved in their events. But I have to go to the tennis workout, because I have a league match on Saturday and I need to be in shape for that. So I'm making priorities. Tennis is more important than a possible meeting with someone who may or may not be a date.
Frankly, I'm not real optimistic about Co-Op Girl. I still haven't heard from her since I saw her on Sunday, when she said she'd email me. It was three weeks ago today that I asked her to coffee. I'm willing to believe she really is that busy, but even if she is interested in getting to know me, do I want another person in my life who doesn't have enough time for me?
So anyway, I'm not holding my organic-cheddar-bunnies breath on that one. In the meantime, I'm trying to organize two other social events. In times of great necessity and desperation I've shown myself to be quite the organizer, although it's never been a role I'm comfortable with. At one time in grad school I was in charge of four different social groups. So I'm getting out there and doing stuff.
For someone who bellyaches so much about just wanting to find a partner, I'm not really taking many steps to make it happen right now. I'm not ready for online dating yet. I'm still holding out for that organic meeting, the chance encounter at tennis or a party or a cafe or a gas station that will be a great story to tell 10 years from now.
In the meantime, I'm distracting myself. For me, it's better to be overbusy than underbusy.
Peace At Any Price
1 year ago

6 comments:
Busy is good, Mr. Popular (but won't actually realize he is) :-)
I second what Jolene said!
We consume a lot of organic cheddar bunnies in this house. :-)
Just getting yourself out there and doing "stuff" will definitely increase your chances of that organic meeting! So enjoy! :-)
I really like what you said: do you really want someone who can't make time for you? I'm thinking along the same lines too with someone I thought was cute. It's easy to pull back before you even get started. Keep us posted. :)
Good for you on the social scene. I'm impressed. :-) Maybe one of those times will surprise you with the perfect girl. Can't wait to hear about it!
Post a Comment