Sunday, February 8, 2009

Depressionache

Every once in a while I'll get something I call a depressionache. It's like a short bout of depression that lasts as long as, and is as painful as, a headache. It's hard to explain, but it's like a physiological manifestation of depression. It's a mood that I feel in my body.

I sometimes get them when I'm too sleep deprived, or when I haven't eaten well. They usually only last a few hours.

Right now I'm suffering from the longest depressionache I've ever had. It's been four days, and while I've had moments of relief or been able to distract myself from it for a while, it's been mostly constant. There are times when I'll forget about it, and then suddenly I wonder why I feel so downtrodden or uninspired by whatever I'm doing, and then I remember, "Oh yeah, I'm depressed."

I need to make some changes. I don't know what, but something in my life or attitude has to change. I'm so tired of being in my own head. I need a vacation from myself.

I'm taking steps to deal with this, and I will blog about them later.

This coming week is going to be overwhelmingly busy. I'm not looking forward to it.

No comments: