Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Timetable

It's been over two months since I last had any contact with Snarkwife. I was a little shocked when I realized that today.

I'm always amazed at the fact that time continues on. I tell people my wife left me...a month ago...two months ago...three months ago... I keep having to update that information, and every time I do I'm a little surprised, like a dog discovering that there's food in the dish again today!

So, as of today, here is a handy summary of important events and how long ago they were:
  • January 27: "Ground Zero." Snarkwife first tells me she's thinking of leaving me. This is the day my marriage changed forever. It's been 6 months & 2 days since that happened. Wow! Six months! That's half a year.

  • March 12: She tells me she wants a "trial separation" and will be moving out. The next day I start this blog. That was 4 months & 17 days ago. We stopped sleeping in the same bed that night, too.

  • March 17: She signs a lease on a new place and moves out sometime that week. I was out of town that week, so I don't know when she officially "moved out", but this is as good a date as any. Now I've officially lived alone 4 months & 12 days.

  • April 4: She tells me she's "not coming back." As an added bonus, she says, "I don't love you." That was 3 months & 25 days ago.

  • May 4: She moves the last of her stuff out of our apartment. Her old office has served as an empty second bedroom in my apartment for 2 months & 25 days now.

  • May 13: My last-ditch effort at reconciliation fails when I finally get an email from the church lady trying to arrange a meeting between us. Snarkwife has officially refused to meet with me and the pastor to talk about our marriage. Two months and 16 days ago.

  • May 20: We execute the Marital Settlement Agreement. That's the last time I saw her. It was 2 months & 9 days ago.

  • June 7: I receive the divorce papers in the mail. I put them on my kitchen table and ignore them. That was 7 weeks & 3 days ago.

  • June 15: I open the package containing the divorce papers. It's still sitting on my kitchen table, untouched in the last 6 weeks & 2 days.

  • July 29: She emails me her new address.* It's the first contact we've had between us in two months. That was 5 hours ago.
*Details in next blog post.

No comments: