- Played tennis at 6:00 am
- Got a haircut
- Found a new therapist
- Played tennis again
- Had my first meeting with new therapist
- Didn't freak out when tennis #3 was canceled
- Did laundry
- Went grocery shopping
- Invited two people to go out drinking (both declined)
- Went out drinking by myself; met new people to drink with
- Vacuumed & took out the trash
- Made spontaneous plans to have lunch with a friend
- Had lunch with a friend
- Went shopping; bought stuff
- Had four conversations with family members
- Napped a lot
- Played tennis for a third time
- Fell in love
I feel good about finding a therapist, because whether or not it helps me with my issues, at least it makes me feel like I'm doing something about them. I'm making an effort to be happy, which is more than I had energy for the past two weeks.
The drinking thing is probably not so healthy. But I've always thought I'd like to try being an alcoholic, and this period of my life provides a perfect opportunity for that. To be honest, though, I don't think I have the constitution for sustained hardcore drinking.
Falling in love (or becoming infatuated) is definitely not good for me, or even something I want to do right now. But I couldn't help myself when I talked to Tennis Girl over the net during our match. We traded tennis strategy, gossiped about people we know, and talked about our travels, families, and summer plans. Incidentally, I always play great against her. I don't know why, but she always brings out the best in my tennis game. She's so easy to talk to, and when she flashes that dimply smile I get all gooey inside. I don't want to feel this way, because I'm pretty certain she's not into me in that way. It's not a happy crush, but an anxious one.
On the other hand, I felt pretty good when I came home from playing with her, which is rare for a.) coming home from tennis, and b.) a Sunday night. Both of those situations are usually reserved for a downturn in my mood. This time that didn't happen. So that's something.

No comments:
Post a Comment