Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Random Memory

Three years ago today was one of the greatest days of my life.

It was our Wedding Eve and we were running around town, making last-minute arrangements, setting up and decorating the wedding site, welcoming out-of-town guests, rehearsing for the big day, and having meals with family and friends. I was enjoying the fruits of my 18 months of meticulous and anal preparation-- watching my well-oiled weddin' machine go into motion.

A lot of the memories from that day are random and hazy. We had planned a breakfast so that our parents could meet. But her parents missed their connecting flight the night before and couldn't make it, so we had breakfast at Bob Evans with my parents and her brother. We drove out to the wedding site. Did someone order pizza? Yeah, I think we ordered pizza at the wedding site. We set up all the tables and chairs. I nailed in a bunch of signs to help people find the place. I bought a special rubber mallet just for this purpose. Our families (sans her parents) helped decorate the place. We went through the rehearsal. SnarkEx's parents didn't come to the rehearsal because they didn't think it was important to be there. This was a pattern they exhibited throughout the weekend, which upset SnarkEx and pissed me off.

In the evening we had our rehearsal dinner. Then the guys went bowling for a mini bachelor party. (My real bachelor party had been a golf & gambling weekend with my brothers months before.)

It was an exciting day. The day that followed it was even more exciting.

I don't really have any insights about that day right now. I just thought I should preserve this random memory on my blog.

No comments: